Books by Krystal Mazzola Wood, M.Ed, LMFT
The Codependency Recovery Plan: A 5-Step Guide to Understand, Accept, and Break Free from the Codependent Cycle
The Codependency Recovery Plan fully explains codependency, its symptoms, and the factors that contribute to its development. It offers guidance on ways to recognize codependent behavior, become a better communicator, set boundaries, mend romantic relationships, and raise your self-esteem. Chapter exercises provide a workspace for self-reflection so that you can see your situation with fresh eyes, and gain a new perspective on your own life.
Independence starts with a step-by-step plan:
- Step 1: Get in Touch with Your “Self”—Learn to look inward and become self-reliant.
- Step 2: Prioritize Self-Care—Honor and value your own self-worth and be kind to yourself.
- Step 3: Build Boundaries—Set limits for giving your life and love to others.
- Step 4: Maintain Open Communication—Speak comfortably and confidently with your support network.
- Step 5: Nurture Intimacy—Create healthy and constructive connections.
Start building a better relationship with yourself and the people around you using The Codependency Recovery Plan.
Reclaim your sense of self and reclaim your life. From the author of The Codependency Recovery Plan, this workbook is a comprehensive resource filled with research-based strategies and activities for people seeking to break out of their codependent patterns and reestablish boundaries.
Based in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), these practical exercises are designed to help you set goals, challenge and replace negative thoughts, identify your triggers, manage conflicts, and reduce stress. Moments of reflection at the end of each chapter provide helpful summaries as well as motivation to move forward in your recovery.
The Codependency Workbook includes:
- In-depth explanations―Better understand what it means to be codependent, how it relates to addiction, and the ways that CBT can help you address it.
- Modular approaches―Triage your biggest and most immediate concerns with help from exercises that you can complete in any order.
- Easy-to-use strategies―Make it simple to find the time and energy to heal using exercises that are both straightforward and don’t take long to complete.
Break free from codependency and become independent with effective, evidence-based tools.
Setting boundaries can be tough—you don’t want to disappoint other people, but you also don’t want to be stuck in a situation that makes you uncomfortable or unhappy. The good news is that setting healthy boundaries is really a good thing that can make you happier and strengthen those relationships you were so worried about.
So how do you get started? Setting boundaries is an important skill, and the only way to get better is by practicing. In this book, you’ll find 100 activities that will help you become better at setting boundaries. Dive into activities that will get you thinking about and practicing those boundaries that are most important to you.
-How to find your boundary-setting role model to encourage you in those tough moments
-How to consider your authentic schedule…and then how to give up on tasks and activities that don’t match your values to set boundaries around your personal time
-How to develop authentic holiday celebrations while navigating complicated family situations
-How to say no gently
-And much more!
Whether you’re a recovering people pleaser or want to build new boundaries that match other changes in your life, these activities will give you the tools you need to get started. Boundaries are healthy, important, and even necessary to create the life you want—so start building your happier life today!