When you are ready to heal, the journey can seem confusing and overwhelming. Fortunately, there are many easily accessible resources available to guide the steps of your healing journey.
The resources on this list are, when applicable, rooted in research and proven tactics. All resources here are also personally recommended by myself, a therapist with over 12 years of practice.
Healing is completely possible for whatever you may currently face. These resources will help you take the steps bit by bit.
If you purchase any items through the links provided, I may receive a small commission. This payment allows me to keep this site up and running to provide expert advice for no charge to you. I appreciate your understanding and potential support.
Resources to Heal Your Relationships With Others
- The Codependency Recovery Plan: A 5-Step Guide to Understand, Accept, and Break Free from the Codependent Cycle by Krystal Mazzola, LMFT (Now available in Spanish as well: Superar La Codependencia)
- Blog post: The Meaning of “Codependency” and How to Find Healing
- The Codependency Workbook: Simple Practices for Developing and Maintaining Your Independence by Krystal Mazzola, LMFT
- Facing Love Addiction: Giving Yourself the Power to Change the Way You Love by Pia Mellody with Andrea Wells Miller and J. Keith Miller
- Blog post: How to Treat Codependency: CBT and Codependency
- Blog post: Tips for Codependency Recovery
- Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find – and Keep – Love by Amir Levine and Rachel Heller
- Disarming the Narcissist: Surviving and Thriving with the Self-Absorbed by Wendy Behary, LCSW
- Blog post: What is narcissistic abuse in relationships?
Self-Esteem and Greater Self-Love Resources
- Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff, PhD (Related blog post: What is self-compassion?)
- Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life with the Heart of a Buddha by Tara Brach, PhD
- Break the Good Girl Myth: How to Dismantle Outdated Rules, Unleash Your Power, and Design a More Purposeful Life by Majo Molfino (Related blog post: How to be a nice girl)
- Spinster: Making a Life of One’s Own by Kate Bolick
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- Find Your Unicorn Space: Reclaim Your Creative Life in a Too-Busy World by Eve Rodsky
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown
Resources to Reduce Anxiety and Heal from Trauma
- Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- The Body Keeps The Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk
- The Nature Fix: Why Nature Makes Us Happier, Healthier, and More Creative by Florence Williams
- The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Workbook: Practical DBT Exercises for Learning Mindfulness, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Emotion Regulation and Distress Tolerance by Matthew McKay PhD, Jeffrey C. Wood PsyD, and Jeffrey Brantley MD
- Mindfulness Journal for Mental Health: Prompts and Practices to Improve Your Wellbeing by Elizabeth Cronin
- The Inner Child Workbook: What to Do with Your Past when it Just Won’t Go Away by Cathryn L. Taylor
Find a Therapist Help
- Psychology Today Directory
- Find an EMDR trained therapists (trauma healing therapy)
- What to Look for in a Therapist: 3 Tips by a Licensed Therapist by Krystal Mazzola Wood
Financial Literacy Resources
- You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth by Jen Sincero
- I Will Teach You to be Rich: No Guilt, No Excuses. Just a 6-Week Program that Works by Ramit Sethi
Resources to Explore Your Spirituality
- Calling in the One: Seven Weeks to Attract the Love of Your Life by Kathleen Woodward Thomas
- The Nature of Personal Reality: Specific, Practical Techniques for Solving Everyday Problems and Enriching the Life You Know by Jane Roberts
- The Dark Side of the Light Chasers: Reclaiming your power, creativity, brilliance and dreams by Debbie Ford